Saturday, August 16, 2014

In the Middle

Happy (almost) beginning of a new school year!

I hope a great summer was had by all. Mine was rather busy with...starting Graduate School! My fist quarter was fantastic, I can't wait for the next 3. Although the workload will only increase from here on out, I loved learning new concepts and elaborating on my current skills. I truly love that I can learn something on Monday and apply it in practice on Tuesday, so great!

Along with my new learning opportunities comes...a new job! Unfortunately relocating to attend graduate school meant leaving the Cookie Monster room (pause for deep breathing and maybe a stray tear). But, it wouldn't be a new adventure without anything new. My new position is with a 5th/6th grade intermediate school in a smaller town. Initially, I was (and am still a little) nervous with the change in age range, but I think this change will truly push me to test my new skills and think even further outside the box.

With that in mind, I have been researching,...let's be honest, pinning...middle school counseling tips and tricks. Anyone out there have any advice for this new middle school employee?


Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment